London at Night
Recently I have been going to London on a monthly basis during the night developing my photography skills. I soon noticed I had a growing collection of photos in my archive so I decided to create a dedicated website for them called London at Night. Rather than a typical gallery with a previous and next button I thought I would try and do something a little more original. Inspired by geotagging I created a simplified map of London and placed a dot in the location of each photo. The end result is numerous scattered dots over a map of London.
When a user clicks on a dot it reveals a relevant photo, and clicking the photo closes it. Pretty simple really. See what you think by clicking here. If you have any suggestions or criticisms please leave a comment as I would be happy to hear them.
The site will also be updated regularly, so check back now and then for new photographs.
Thanks,
Shaun.
1 comment:
I really like the layout of the website, very simplistic and it reflects the meanings of the photos. The geotagging is a nice addition. The and the photographs are great and once opened the web and pics become coherent, wheteher this was meant but i like the way you kept it grey as if the thames is lit by the moon once again reflecting the night theme.
The only criticism i have is about the sound when navigating the website and opening the links
Dan. D
Post a Comment