Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Nigel Barrett Van Graphics

Today I saw the new Nigel Barrett van.

It's a Citroën Berlingo. Two weeks ago Nigel asked me to create some artwork for it. I didnt have the vector outlines for the van, so I sourced hi-res images from the Citroën website and dropped some artwork on top of that. The sign-writers then took my preview and based their work on what I had done.

Preview:

Finals:



Unfortunately they have spaced the type too much and alot of it overlaps the photography. I know some of mine did in the preview, but hey, I didnt work to accurate guides and they probably wanted to match the preview as best as the could to please their client.

Either way im happy as it's the first time my layout has appeared on a commercial vehicle.

_tollerton

2 comments:

stephen lyons said...

Get our website on them fucking vans.
Good to see your work appiled to other things though.
Steve x

Jordan Sheldrick said...

Yea there nice,
shame about the lettering not being put over the wheel arch though, but never mind.

Was putting the image over the picyure of a van really the best solution though?? Maybe if you took a picture of the van and quickly went round it in illustrator??

In future, ask me because my friend (Rob, youve met him once I think at the Mac Expo) works at a`signwritters and can get any vector file of a car needed.

Lots of love, Jordan