Thursday, 17 May 2007

Graphic & Digitally Mediated Illustration

May 12th - 18th 2007 edition:

I had to create illustrations to go with articles written by Charlie Brooker for the Guardian Guide magazine. Above each image is the link to its corresponding article.

Human civilisation will die screaming


Handset from hell


When it comes to psychics...



_tollerton

2 comments:

Jordan Sheldrick said...

Cool, read the brief this morning and sounded good...

I like the handset ones best (apart from the largely cyan one) seems like its got that look youve been playing with down really well of repetition and pattern. And they seem to match the article content pretty well (I assume from the title anyway).

The crystal ball isn't so great - I dont know the article of course so I might not fully appreciate it because of that - but it looks like an average photoshop job and cant really imagine it applied.

But cool tho - nice brief and allows you to produce some different stuff.

Jordan
xxxxxxxxx

Shaun Tollerton said...

The whole thing was a big fucking blag.

The mobile phone ones are too clean and I think would best be suited for advertisements.

The crystal ball one was produced a couple of hours before hand in, so that is most certainly 'an average photoshop job'.


_tollerton