Friday, 16 March 2007

Research Brief begins

The research brief began today.

One of things talked about was, 'Define Technology'.

When think of technology, we think of computers, gadgets, 1080p, mp3's etc., but technology doesnt have to be electronic. Take the photo below taken by my friend Jordan:
























I would say that this is technology because it is solving a problem of not having a fridge, so therefore make one instead. Quite nice I think because isnt this what technology does for us? Below are tools from the Stone Age, pretty high tech.












Anyway, moving on a bit, the aim of this brief is to look at technology on a community level. So things like, mobile phones, television, myspace, cars are things to look into.


For next week we have to present:

Two examples of community promoting technologies
Two examples of negating technologies
Document the addition to a community (visual or aural)
Brainstorm ideas












All of my work for this will be posted here and I will also project this blog for my presentations.




_tollerton

No comments: